News from IAB

The mission of the International Association of Bryologists (IAB), as a society, is to strengthen bryology by encouraging interactions among all persons interested in byophytes.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Bryophyte culture

Subject: Bryophytes
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:40:49 +0100
From: Jane Burch <j.burch@rbgkew.org.uk>
To: bryonet-l@mtu.edu

BRYONET

Dear Jenny,
Further to my very brief Email about the intended species, I get the
impression that you are intending to grow them axenically, as you
used the term culture. Is this right?

I just want to get an idea of where you intend on taking your
research as I think I may be able to give a few tips. I'm just
completing my Ph.D which was about bryophytes. I have worked
with several species which involved growing them in the lab and I
am now working on a project which is growing bryophytes in
culture.

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon,

Jane Burch
Bryophyte Conservation Officer
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

No comments:

Post a Comment