News from IAB

The mission of the International Association of Bryologists (IAB), as a society, is to strengthen bryology by encouraging interactions among all persons interested in byophytes.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Adventures of a Phytochemist: Moss Revival

Adventures of a Phytochemist: Moss Revival

Moss Revival

When I walk through a forest, three thoughts generally cross my mind. First, I think of the the forest as a chemical library. There is wealth of knowledge just waiting to be discovered! Secondly, I think of each plant, at every moment sensing and responding to a complex web of developmental and environmental signals. I am astounded at the diversity of compounds produced by plants and I want to share this perspective with anyone who is willing to listen. The third thought to cross my mind is "whoa, look at that moss!"
............
READ MORE :::>

No comments:

Post a Comment