News from IAB

The mission of the International Association of Bryologists (IAB), as a society, is to strengthen bryology by encouraging interactions among all persons interested in byophytes.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Bryophyte Ecology book has new online address


I am pleased to announce that my online book, Bryophyte Ecology, has moved to Digital Commons and is now available at <http://digitalcommons.mtu.edu/bryophyte-ecology/>.

  The old site is still active, but soon it will be removed and instead will redirect you to the new site.  The university has provided me with a webmaster who responds quickly to my updates.

  The biggest advantage of this move is that it provides a more permanent home for the book and will allow it to persist if I am no longer around.  It also permits you to download an entire chapter at a time instead of downloading each file individually.  (And I think it is faster.)

  The first volume has been updated and many more images have been added.  The second volume is slightly revised, and it has a new chapter on Terrestrial Insects.  The Methods and Uses volumes are mostly unchanged.  They glossary has been extensively expanded, with the help of Leica Chavoutier.

  I need your feedback.  I made the decision to have images of everything, if I could find them.  For the online version, this should not be a problem, but for those of you who choose to print it, that's a lot of time and paper.  Please let me know about this and other improvements I could make.

  Thank you for your many contributions to this effort!
Best wishes,
Janice Glime
Prof. Emerita
  (Michigan Technological University)
219 Hubbell St.
Houghton, MI 49931 USA

No comments:

Post a Comment