News from IAB

The mission of the International Association of Bryologists (IAB), as a society, is to strengthen bryology by encouraging interactions among all persons interested in byophytes.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

moss culture - later contamination

Subject: BRYONET: regarding moss culture
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:34:33 +0300
From: M. Evrim Demir <medemir@adu.edu.tr>

BRYONET

Hi,

I tried culturing mosses too. I used only agar as a medium, without any
nutrients. First I autoclaved my medium and petri dishes for 15 minutes,
then poured agar into petri in laminar flow cabin. After they are ready I
put my plants into the cabin, and surface sterilized, then I put plant
fragments into the petri dishes. I stored dishes in a growth chamber with
controlled light and temperature.

But I have some problems with fungal contamination. After a time some fungal
agents develop in the petri dishes.


Evrim Demir

---
M. Evrim Demir
Adnan Menderes University
Faculty of Arts and Science
Department of Biology
Aydin - Turkey

medemir@adu.edu.tr

No comments:

Post a Comment